Much better value compared to other platforms and companies offering this service.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: LOU ADAMS
VR leaders are operating in the most complex environment of the past decade with more change coming on the horizon. Research shows that agility is a key factor in contemporary leadership and in leadership potential. Sometimes called “knowing what to do when you don’t know what to do”; the ability to be nimble in one’s thinking; extrapolating from past experiences to create new models for navigating the “terra incognito” or unknown territory we are all entering, is becoming increasingly essential.
This workshop provides practical approaches to develop the agility and ability to change to meet the new requirements of a changing environment – a crucial skill for leaders and an important organizational competency to develop in all levels of a VR agency. Among the topics covered will be:
- Relational Agility: Using authentic conversations and a collaborative stance toward others that moves from motivation and manipulation to co-creation of new and better approaches – creating working alliances which work.
- Mental Agility: More than thinking “outside the box”, this is learning and choosing to view things in an entirely different way.
- Agility in Generating Change: Involving others in experimentation and putting curiosity and experimentation ahead of the false safety of the status quo
- Results Agility: Delivering results quickly by reinventing teams, acknowledging the brutal facts and moving past handwringing and fear to meet your mission with confidence and optimism.
- Mindfulness: The self-reflection and self-awareness for the leader to discover how his/her personal and professional choices and stance impacts the organization and her/his own effectiveness as a leader.
Organizational success and sustainable performance belongs more and more to those with agile and creative leadership. This workshop can develop your current leaders and key staff to meet the increasing and changing demands of VR leadership.
Leadership Team Development
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: LOU ADAMS
The members of a State’s VR Leadership or Executive Team, in whatever configuration might exist, are the fundamental group responsible for propelling the mission and outcomes. High team performance doesn’t happen on its own; it takes commitment and cohesiveness from the team along with effective practices and processes to drive organizational results. Coaching top teams help them to improve their performance by focusing development on specific business challenges at a collective and individual level. Common issues facing leadership teams covered in this coaching model include:
- Tensions between accountability for individual assignments and the accountability to the overall success of the organization.
- Addressing trust, conflict and power differentials within the team.
- Keeping the “end in mind”
- Clarifying roles and making decisions
- Creating successful meetings, executive communication and defining what constitutes effective “staff work”.
The spotlight is on the VR Leadership Team. Everyone in the organization, as well as the Designated State Agency, legislators and other stakeholders scrutinize their every move. The pressures of increased accountability, transparency and outcomes along with the day to day grind can take its toll on even the most functional of teams. VR Development can provide skillful coaching and consultation, giving your Leadership Team the tools necessary to meet the demands.
I’m signing up my entire department for training!